More addicting than fries.
These lemon green beans are a great way to add a crispy, healthy crunch to your meal. High in vitamins, minerals and fiber, they are will soon become a dinnertime staple long passed Thanksgiving.
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- sea salt and lemon zest to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauce for 2 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the greens mins and mix together, making sure the garlic and shallots are evenly distributed.
- Season with salt and lemon zest and serve.