These grain-free banana pancakes are another reason why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!
Yields: 10 small pancakes
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 + 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- optional mix-in’s: 1/4 cup walnuts & dark chocolate chips
- Grease medium pan with a little coconut oil or cooking spray
- Whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, and almond milk in a medium bowl. Add almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda and stir until well combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate, if using.
- Heat pan on medium-high heat, while letting the batter sit for 5 minutes. If the consistency is too liquidy, sprinkle in some more almond flour, as needed, and mix.
- Using a tablespoon place batter on heated pan, about 2-tablespoons per pancake. Flip pancake over once the edges start to bubble (or about 2-3 minutes).
- Top with additional banana slices, nuts, chocolate chips or toppings of your choice. Serve and enjoy! I like to eat mine while drinking a cup of golden milk.