I am as much a matcha fan as I am a chocolate fan (i.e. HUGE), so these cocoa-matcha energy balls have been a great discovery from Panatea! They are the perfect pairing of sweet and satisfying, making them my ultimate go-to treat for a snack or dessert. And if the flavor combo isn’t enough of a sell, they really do serve up a nice energy boosting bite to help you make it through that late afternoon meeting.
One serving = 2 balls.
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 scoops matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- Add dates and almonds to a blender and blend until they form a sticky clump.
- Break up the clump in the blender and add cocoa, coconut, matcha and almond milk and blend until another sticky clump forms.
- Remove mixture and hand roll pieces into 12 balls. Dust with additional matcha. Enjoy immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Additionally, you can store them in your freezer to really make them last!