Brussel sprouts are the quintessential fall vegetable and for good reason, they are delicious and versitile! While Brussels sprouts are usually heading up the side dish section of the menu, a version of this salad has often played the staring role for me while dining at Hub 51 in Chicago, when I was living there dietetic internship, and I am sure this brussels sprout salad will make some prominent cameos for you too!
- 3 cups of Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp dates, chopped
- 2 Tbsp manchego cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp mustard vinaigrette: 1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp olive oil, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Wash, trim and peal apart leaves from Brussels sprouts.
- Bring water to a boil, add leaves for (literally) 5 seconds, remove and blanch in ice water.
- Once cooled, dry leaves and add to a mixing bowl with dates and almonds.
- Toss with dressing and add cheese on top. Serve and eat.